Created with flickr slideshow.
San Jacinto College South Campus Cosmetology School with Jeanette Wright
Managing your business: Tools for starting and growing your business. A conversation on financial management, strategy, ownership, budget and forecasting.
- Have a purpose: “make money, add value, help others”
- Have a plan: What makes you unique? Looking for your differentiation value product or service. Be unique and have a passion
- Optimization: how to combine products and partnerships to increase profit and productivity. It takes a village to make a business optimal and successful. Ask for help and surround yourself with trustworthy subject matter experts.
- Manage people: learn how to lead your employees, deal with conflicts.
- Have a Marketing Strategy: social media usage, creating your brand, sell yourself, be mindful.
- Do not give your work away. Know your value
- Treat your customers as each meeting is the first one
- Your road to success is not a straight line. Enjoy the ride
Quotes of the day:
- “Be able to change someone’s life by being different”
- “I have money calling me, but I have my money on training”
- “If you are an entrepreneur act like if you were the brand”
- “Romance your clients”
- “If you are in charge you have a responsibility”
- “Life I too short to think small”
- “You set yourself for failure if your goal is not smart”